Visual Inspiration Week 4
Visual Research
I've been gathering visual research for my capstone project, which I'm planning to animate a title sequence. I'm a bit nervous on how I will execute the project or if its even possible to do all that I want to do. I went digging for inspiration this week and it was fun. It reminded me how much I loved going into blackholes of finding animations on Youtube. I often forget what used to bring me joy.
The design for this animation is abstract, using simple shapes but it's so impactful the way the shapes distort and change color. This makes me think of ways of how I can make my title sequence be nonrepresentational.
This title sequence is gorgeous, mostly animating type and simple shapes. The same motion of dominos falling down is applied to the type and shapes and repeats throughout the animation. I love how the text just breaks and falls apart. The pacing of the animation also creates suspense. I'm doing a terrible job in explaining how just riveting this title sequence is, so I'd suggest anybody to watch it!
I think, so far, the ones that are more abstract have caught my attention. However, I'm creating a title sequence for a graphic novel if it has been adapted as a TV show so I do feel like I should incorporate the artist's style.
Comments
Post a Comment